Speedy is a stepper motor controller based on the awesome open source hardware CNC controller board SmoothieBoard. Speedy was developed as a request from RoboBeast and RepRAP Morgan. They required 32 microsteps / step with fast decay. The board is based on an NXP LPC 1769 32bit Cortex-M3 running at 120MHz.
The PCB layout was completely redesigned including some subtle changes.
The stock SmoothieBoard firmware is used.
- Drag and drop firmware updates.
- Config changes via USB – no firmware tweaking.
- USB composite – CDC serial and Mass storage.
- Ethernet control – for PC-less printing.
- Micro SD.
- 8 Mosfet outputs – 4 x low current and 4 x high current.
- 8V – 24V.
- 4 Thermistor inputs.
- 6 End stops – 3V3 or 5V.
- I2C, UART, SPI break-out connectors.